Admission & Progression Policies
Admission Criteria for Pre-Nursing Majors
The following is the approved admission criteria for all pre-nursing students, who desired to be admitted into the Department of Nursing.
A complete admission packet must be submitted between March 15th and April 15th (no late applications will be accepted) to the:
Students Service Center
College of Education, Health, and Public Policy
Price Bldg. 111
Delaware State University
1200 N. DuPont Hwy.
Dover, DE 19901
- A minimal Grade Point Average (GPA) for admission is 3.0. All pre-requisites must be completed in the spring of applying semester.
- Students will be allowed to repeat one identified Science course (A&P I, A&P II, Microbiology and Pathophysiology).
- Students will be allowed to transfer in two of the four identified Science courses. Two (2) Science courses must be completed at Delaware State University.
- Science courses that are 5-years or older will not be transferrable.
- The NLN PAX will be given to freshman pre-nursing majors twice per year by the Department of Nursing. The NLN PAX can only be taken at Delaware State University, on specified dates in September and in March.
- To be eligible to apply to the nursing major, the applicant must score a minimum of 55% on all three sections (Verbal, Math and Science) and a minimum composite score of 115.
- The dates, times and location will be announced during University Seminar. Applicants, who have taken the NLN PAX more than twice, regardless of location, are ineligible for admission into the nursing major.
Approved by Department of Nursing May, 2014 Effective: August 24, 2014, Revised July 2015