Scholar Teacher Education Program
What is the STEP Scholarship?
The Scholar Teacher Education Program (STEP) is available to all qualifying Education Majors who are certified residents of the state of Delaware. To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher and must be enrolled full time at Delaware State University. Initial eligibility and selection for this scholarship will be determined by the STEP Scholarship Committee. Once an individual receives the scholarship, verification for continued eligibility will be completed by the STEP Scholarship Committee twice per semester. This scholarship covers all of the recipient’s tuition and fees (books, room, board, and meal plans not included). Recipient award amounts may vary by semester.
- Accepted or enrolled at DSU as an Undergraduate in an identified Teacher Education Program, with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher
- Certified resident of the State of Delaware. Students must be classified as “in-state” by the University.
Students must apply to be considered for scholarship funding.
- Teacher Education Programs
- Art Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- English Education
- French Education
- Mathematics Education
- Middle Level Education
- Music Education
- Physical Education
- Spanish Education
Applications must be submitted to the STEP Scholarship Committee on or before:
- April 15th for Fall Semester
- November 15th for Spring Semester
To be considered, the following must be completed:
- A completed STEP Application Packet that includes:
- 2 recommendation forms
- Persuasive Essay
- Incoming students ONLY: High School Transcript or an official transcript from previously attended institutions
- Praxis Core scores required by any student who has 30+credits
- Complete FAFSA by March 15th. Do not submit FAFSA documents to the Committee
Please submit your STEP Application Packet to:
Delaware State University
ATTN: Scholar Teacher Education Program
1200 N. DuPont Highway
Dover, DE 19901